Key Features and Functionality
- Investigations and cost tracking may optionally occur.
- At any time, the individual reporting an issue may login and see the status of their issue, thus increasing accountability. Comments are kept for historical purposes.
- Each user has a unique user name and SMS Pro™ allows work re-allocation among different users in the same role. This ensures that leave / attrition creates no side effects on the functioning of the system.
- Security and permissions are based on role-based security adopted from Microsoft's Membership Role Provider model. System functionality is based on users' roles. For example, auditors may view, but not change content, except to add remarks, report finding and concerns, etc.
- Reported issues are assigned a unique ID number to distinguish them from similar issues.
- Sophisticated filters allow issues to be easily searched by key word, status, reported date, priority and more.
- Conventional sorting functionality exists to assist users in managing data. Data may be exported to Excel or Word, thus facilitating the creation of custom reports.
- Color coded issues are easily identified as to their Risk Level.
- Users easily see when tasks, corrective actions and assigned issues are overdue by colors and alert symbols.
- SMS Pro ™ allows users to easily create and manage corrective actions and tasks. Email communication is integrated throughout the application, notifying parties of important events, such as status changes.
- Audit history is visible to all users with appropriate security permissions. Auditors can see remarks and actions of previous auditors.
- Reported issues are periodically reviewed to ensure implemented controls are effective. This review history remains documented and visible to all users with appropriate security permissions.
- Custom reports can be created by NWDS.