What Is Aviation Audit Software?
Internal and external audits are used to assure an operator complies with certain rules and regulations. An audit is an inspection of certain processes that facilitates this "assurance of compliance." Audits are made up of checklists. Considerable data can be generated from audits that is best managed using software. Aviation audit software is a Web-based application that performs a wide variety of audit management functions, including:
Audit checklist creation;
Assigning audit teams;
Managing audits using online or offline modes;
Log audit findings and concerns;
Track corrective and preventive actions;
Monitor performance; and
Generate analytical and trend reports.
SMS Pro's Aviation Audit Solution is a powerful audit software system designed to:
- Integrate safety and quality management systems into one solution;
- Reduce operational costs;
- Eliminate duplicate systems (quality, safety);
- Increase employee efficiency by reducing data entry and report generation;
- Prepare for regulatory compliance audits; and
- Improve internal auditing efficiency.
Using the Aviation Audit Solution for Quality Departments
Offline Auditing Tools
Many auditors travel to remote areas to conduct audits. There are many times an auditor's Internet connectivity is either very poor or nonexistent for days at a time. Offline auditing allows auditors to download scheduled audit checklists onto a mobile device, such as an IPad or tablet PC. Auditors can work on aircraft or on the beach without Internet connectivity. Once Internet connectivity is restored, auditors can synchronize completed audit checklists with the main safety and quality database.
In most cases, offline auditing works on IOS IPad tablets, Android and Windows hardware. Modern browsers are required to take advantage of offline auditing capabilities. for Windows users, offline auditing tools will work best with Internet Explorer versions greater than 10.
Communicate Audit Findings and Corrective Action Plan
Auditors use checklists to ensure that observed processes are monitored and documented more efficiently. Once audit findings are identified, auditors can easily manage the audit findings in a central data management system. Data management activities include:
- Assign findings to responsible managers;
- Track corrective and preventive actions;
- Trigger alerts and automatically schedule reviews;
- Escalate items when assigned items slip;
- Generate audit corrective action plan;
- Communicate with stakeholders; and
- Review data for repeat findings.
An operator's quality department will become more efficient when all analytical tasks are consolidated in a central data management framework. Audit data is secured and accessible by users assigned appropriate permissions.
Moving from Excel and Paper Auditing
When aviation service providers' quality department relies heavily on spreadsheets or any paper-based system to process audit data, there is considerable risk that is not necessary. There is a significantly better way.
Aviation Auditing Solutions will
- save money,improve audit management performance,
- reduce risk; and
- ensure regulatory compliance.
If this were not enough, a modern auditing database solution has the potential to integrate with a scalable safety management system.