Safety Case Tools in SMS Pro
Safety Cases are developed in strengthening the Safety Management System (SMS) throughout
the organization, and addressing a safety critical area of operation.
A Safety Case demonstrates primarily to Management Teams operational safety and integrity.
This is achieved by a description of the objectives of the programs, and a presentation of evidence
and facts on the systems and procedures that are used to manage safety issues.
The primary focus of a Safety Case is upon those hazards that have the potential to cause a major
hazard during aviation operations. Specifically, insert focus of case study.
The Case Structure is as follows:
- Introduction and Management Summary
- SMS Description Pertaining to the Safety Case
- Critical Activities Catalog
- Operations covered by this Safety Case
- Hazards and Effects Management
- Remedial Action Plan
- Conclusion and Statement of Fitness