Lost and Found Module for Airlines and Airports
Airlines and airports are some of the busiest locations in the entire world, transporting nearly 10 million people per day. In all of this bustle, people lose valuable items. Trying to manage many lost and found items, including tracking those items and returning them to their rightful owners, can quickly become resource intensive and unmanageable.
The Lost and Found module is designed to significantly ease this burden. This module:
- Provides an online hub for public and employees to submit items as lost or found;
- Stores contact information of people who have lost items;
- Includes detailed description of items; and
- Allows you to track lost/found items’ statuses, such as “returned to customer.”
Some of the above functionality exists with point solutions like Excel. So how does this Lost and Found module provide advantages over such point solutions?
Benefits of Lost and Found Module Over Similar Solutions
For one, you can make the lost and found submission forms available for the public to access online, such as by providing a link from your website. Over time, you can save hundreds of hours of employee’s time manually entering in lost/found information (such as in the case of Excel). Moreover, these forms are mobile friendly, which means that customers can submit lost/found items on their cell phones as easily as on a tablet or desktop computer.
Also, these forms feature only the most relevant information which is gathered through required form fields, ensuring that no critical information is missed. With point solutions like Excel, it is very easy to accidentally omit important information.
Finally, because this a web based software, all data is:
- Updated real time;
- Consistent and accurate for all locations and people using it; and
- Set up with security in mind, allowing only management to manage lost/found items.
Point solutions like Excel are at risk of having inconsistent information on different computers, which poses a major problem. Similar tools like Google Sheets are not only slower, but they are also very difficult to control access.
Process of Submitting Lost and Found Items and Managing Them
Not only does this module provide a significant upgrade over point solutions, but submitting lost and found items is very easy. It’s as easy doing the following:
- Place a link to the Lost and Found module on your website for the public to access (they will only have access to this module);
- A customer loses or finds an item and contacts one of your employees;
- Your employee can direct them to the websites link, whereby the customer fills out the form for their lost or found item;
- Management can view all reported lost/found items;
- When needed, management can update the status and write comments about that item; and
- When necessary, management can contact the owner of the item to update them on the status.
Managing items in this way is very simple. Additional functionality easing this management process is:
- Ability to filter items by lost/found;
- Only show active items (though you can still view non-active items); and
- Clearly label what is lost and what is found.
The value of this module over point-solutions or manual solutions will grow with the size and business of the organization.